Obsessed with the web?
Do you find magic in the mundane?
The visuals team is looking for a News Picture Editor to work with us at NPR headquarters in Washington, DC. It’s a new and important role, fit for an experienced editor. You’ll rethink our photographic approach to daily news. You’ll work on stories that matter, at a place people love. You’ll invent new ways to see stories and teach them to our newsroom.
You’ll work fast and hard. You’ll have a damned good time.
We believe strongly in…
- Putting our audience first
- Integrity, accuracy and originality
- Cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Making things that are of the web, not just on the web
You must have…
- A love for writing
- An inexhaustible interest in daily news
- A steely and unshakable sense of ethics
- A genuine and friendly disposition
Allow me to persuade you
NPR tells amazing stories, and it’s our team’s job to tell those stories visually. We’re not a huge team, but we are an essential, growing part of the newsroom.
We’re pushing the limits of online storytelling, and photography is at the heart of this effort. Our new picture editor will be a leader and advocate for visual awesomeness, every day. Job perks include…
- Live music at the Tiny Desk
- All the tote bags you can eat
- A sense of purpose
Like what you’ve heard?
Email your info to email@example.com! Thanks!
This position has been filled. Thanks!